Follow our Facebook page for updated information about programmes and other presentations or groups on offer as well as professional parenting, child, and family advice and information.
Welcome to the CalmMinds Parent Programme
Attachment & emotionally focused parenting.
Effectively manage challenging behaviours
A facilitated group format
An opportunity to share experiences
Reduce isolation – it’s not just happening to you
Participate in discussion
How Long Will It Take?
The in-person group course consists of 4 x 2-hour sessions with one session delivered each week over 4 weeks.
Our online course is self-paced with one session delivered weekly over 4 weeks. We recommend you spend one to two hours per week to complete each session.
Weekly homework will be required to practice what is learned in both the group and online sessions. The online course also holds a weekly online forum with Q&As.
Who Is The Programme For?
There are 3 different courses for parents depending on the age of your children and availability. Our online course is currently only available for 5-12 year olds, and our in-person group courses are available for 1-4 year olds, 5-12 years and 13 – 17 years.
The programme is for parents who struggle to manage their child’s anxiety-related behaviours and feelings, as well as other challenging behaviours.
We will be developing the online course for 1-4 year olds and 13-17 year olds in the near future and encourage you to register your interest by email.
Some feedback from people who have completed the programme:
“Very enjoyable, informative and worth while”
“Awesome course, great handouts”
“It was great, very diverse and informative”
How do I enrol for the Online Course?
Your can enrol for the online course any time by clicking the button below.
How do I enrol for the In-Person Group Course?
Our in-person group course has no scheduled dates at present.
How Much Does It Cost?
The full course costs $320 – that’s only $80 per session. It includes all course material, handouts, online group discussion forum and access to my exclusive community for students..
Costs are inclusive of GST.
Please contact Meg for information on funding support for the in-person group programmes or speak to a team member at Community Networks.
CalmMinds Parent Programme Content
Session 1: Anxiety and the brain
- Understanding the impact of stress on the brain
- What is anxiety
- Why neuroscience is useful to understand
- Parents role for the child
Session 2: Regulation
- Introducing the 3Rs
- What is regulation and why it is important
- Understanding what the brain needs
- How to help yourself and then your child
Session 3: Relating
- Useful ways to do this
- Attunement – what is it and why it is important
- Being vs doing
- Emotions – developing a language that helps
- Discomfort tolerance
Session 4: Reasoning and putting it all together
- How parents overuse this with children
- Strategies for communicating in connecting ways
- Putting it all together
- Resources & support
- To understand what lies behind and drives your child’s behaviour
- To understand and alter what you do that may increase your child’s behaviour
- To improve parents’ ability to be accessible for their child and be available at times when needed.
- To help parents improve their own wellbeing and stress.
- To be able to re-adjust the family dynamic into a healthy balance – helps children feel safe and that you are reliable and consistent.
- To build more effective strategies for parenting children with anxiety difficulties
- To connect, and have discussion opportunities with other parents